Toronto Motorcycle Accident Lawyers - Injury Claim
TORONTO LAWYER HELPLINE: ☎ 855 804 7142
Our Toronto motorcycle accident lawyers will maximize your personal injury damages. You will be given advice at no cost on how best to pursue a personal injury claim in Ontario and what actions you should take to preserve your legal rights. Our Toronto motorcycle accident lawyers will deal with your claim using a contingency fee arrangement and if you don't succeed in receiving a financial settlement then your lawyer won't get paid. If you are the innocent victim of a road accident in Ontario then you may be able to recover compensation. If it wasn't your fault then someone must pay you compensation.
For advice at no cost, without further obligation from a specialist Toronto motorcycle accident lawyer just call the helpline or complete the contact form or email our Toronto offices. A personal injury lawyer, based in Toronto will telephone you immediately to discuss your compensation claim.
Motorcycle Accident Evidence
Every year hundreds of motorcyclists are killed and thousands are seriously injured in traffic accidents in Canada. The accident statistics are horrendous and motorcyclists are almost 20 times more likely to die in a motor vehicle accident than the occupants of a car. Head injury is the leading cause of death and serious injury in motorcycle crashes and half of young motorcyclist who were fatally injured in motorcycle accidents were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash. If you have been injured in an accident there are a number of things that you can do to help your Ontario motorcycle accident lawyer to achieve a settlement :-
- Record the name, address, and telephone number of all drivers involved.
- Ask to see the driver's license and record the driver's number of any other drivers.
- Ask to see insurance documentation and copy down all relevant information.
- Do not allow anyone to interrogate you about the events of the accident.
- Write down the vehicle registration, make, model and year of the other vehicles.
- Take down the vehicle owner's name and address, if it is different from the driver.
- If it is a leased or rented vehicle record the rental company details.
- Identify any witnesses to the accident and ask for their personal details.
- Write down anything the other driver has to say about the accident.
- Call the Police.
- Attend the Accident and Emergency room and your own physician.
- Do not sign any statement intending to summarize the facts of the accident.
- Instruct a motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident.
Motorcycle Accident Facts & Figures
- Three quarters of accidents involve a collision with another vehicle.
- A quarter of accidents are single vehicle accidents.
- Vehicle failure accounts for less than 3% of accidents.
- Road defects caused 2% of accidents.
- Animal involvement caused 1% of accidents.
- Most common accident is when a car makes a left turn in front of a motor cycle.
- Most accidents occur at intersections, with violation of the motor cycle right of way.
- Accident involvement is significantly reduced by high visibility jackets.
- Fuel system leaks and spills occurred in 62% of accidents.
- The average crash speed is 20mph.
- More than 50% of riders involved in an accident have less than 5 months experience.
- Main cause of accidents is due to the failure of motorists to detect motor cycles.
- Rider error is responsible for two-thirds of the single vehicle accidents.
- Riders between the ages of 16 and 24 are over represented.
- Riders between the ages of 30 and 50 are under represented.
- Female riders are significantly over represented in accident data.
- Riders with dirt bike experience are significantly under represented in the data.
- Almost half of all fatal accidents have alcohol involvement.
- Large capacity bikes are under represented but associated with more severe injuries.
- Motor cycles with fairings are under represented in accidents due to being conspicuous.