Toronto Car Accident Compensation Lawyers
TORONTO LAWYER HELPLINE: ☎ 855 804 7142
Compensation claim settlements involving vehicle collisions can be complex legal matters, especially if both sides blame each other and it is essential that you are represented by an experienced Toronto car accident compensation lawyer. Our personal injury lawyers based in Toronto have a track record of successful verdicts and settlements. Limitation periods differ and it's in your interests to take legal advice from an experienced car accident lawyer without delay.
Determining who is negligent and liable to pay compensation and how much the settlement is worth is not a job for an amateur. There is no simple formula and resolution of these cases is usually as a result of agreement between the insurance company and an experienced car accident lawyer after detailed consideration of liability and after the study of relevant case law to establish the value of a settlement.
Fault & Blame
Without advice from a car accident lawyer most insurance companies will try to convince you that the vehicle collision was wholly or partially your fault and that the claim is of little or no value. This is not surprising considering that an insurance company's first duty lies with increasing its' shareholders profits.
Toronto Car Accident Compensation Lawyer
You will be given free advice on how best to pursue your compensation claim from an experienced Toronto car accident compensation lawyer and what actions you should take to preserve your legal rights. Our Toronto car accident compensation lawyers deal with claims using a contingency fee arrangement and if you don't succeed in receiving a compensation settlement then your lawyer won't get paid. Our specialist car accident lawyers will give you a complete personal service and will always be available to discuss your claim on the telephone. If you are the innocent victim of an accident then you may be able to obtain a compensation settlement. If it wasn't your fault then someone must pay you.
For advice at no cost without obligation from an accredited specialist personal injury lawyer just call the helpline or complete the contact form or email our Toronto offices and a Toronto car accident compensation lawyer will telephone to discuss your personal injury claim.
Car Accident Compensation Lawyers Check-List
To succeed in a personal injury claim and to ensure a maximum settlement it is important that all evidence is preserved as soon as possible. This evidence is crucial both for establishing the legal liability of the negligent parties and to prove the nature, extent and causation of injuries. Cases where critical evidence has been preserved are invariably easier for your car accident lawyer to settle at maximum value. If it becomes necessary to take the claim to a law court then this evidence becomes even more critical as the basis of proof of liability and damage :-
- Obtain the name and address of any witnesses but do not speak to them about the incident and do not try to solicit a written statement which should be left to your car accident lawyer.
- Record the license plate number of all other motor vehicles involved
- Obtain the name, address and phone number of any other drivers even those who were not to blame.
- Take the police officers name and badge number and record details of his home police station.
- Photograph all vehicles as soon as possible. Take pictures from all angles and not just the damaged portions.
- Photograph the surrounding area including physical damage, skid marks or debris.
- Photograph visible injuries including bruises, cuts or abrasions and photograph again after treatment
- Re-visit the scene later to attempt to locate any other potential witness.
- You are not obligated to use a repair facility recommended by an insurance company
Car Accident Facts & Figures
The overall number of accidents involving motor vehicle collisions in the US is shocking with an unacceptably high proportion having involvement of alcohol or drugs :-
- There are hundreds of thousands car accidents in Canada every year
- Over 100,000 people are injured and over 2,000 people are killed annually.
- There is a death on Canadian roads every 4 hours and there is a serious injury every 5 minutes.
- Alcohol is involved in almost 40% of fatal accidents and over 60% of fatalities did not wear a seat-belt. (The early involvement of a car accident lawyer is essential for any case involving alcohol).
- A child under the age of 4 years dies on the roads every two months.
- The leading cause of death for people less than 30 years of age relates to motor vehicle accidents.
- Almost 400 pedestrian are killed each year with many thousands of injuries.
- Over 50 cyclists are killed in collisions with motor vehicles every year.
- SUV accidents account for 3 times the normal rate of fatalities as a result of a road accident.
- It is estimated that over 200 motorcycle riders died in motorcycle crashes every year.
- The fatal crash rate for 16-year-old drivers is more than 7 times the rate for drivers aged 30 to 59 years.